Starting next month my company, Quartex Components, is finally branching out!
I will be available for personal tutoring, group based training sessions and helping your company get to grips with cloud development using Smart Mobile Studio. Why limit your product to just native when you can tap into the biggest market in the world? A market where node.js is the name of the game. And with Smart Pascal you get to enjoy working in a language you already know.
Let me show you how to re-apply your hard-earned Delphi skills – and tap into the biggest economy in the world: cloud and the web. Learn to write clustered, scalable servers that runs everywhere. Learn to work with your existing Delphi infrastructure while taking full advantage of all the new and exciting possibilities at your disposal.
With Smart Pascal you are no longer bound to a particular platform or chipset. Services you write and build on Windows runs without any change on Linux and Unix. With Smart Mobile Studio you can finally establish a large stack of services to power your infrastructure in record time.
Not happy with your provider? With Smart compiled code moving to a better provider is no longer the monumental task it used to be. Copy the files over, install node.js and re-start the system. If the server is x86, ARM, PPC or MIPS is of no consequence.
Node.js is here to stay, and so is Smart Mobile Studio. The first and best RAD development platform for the cloud.
Hire the A team
At Quartex Components we write custom controls for breakfast, programming languages for lunch and service stacks for dinner. We are full stack developers in the true sense of the word: from low-level drivers to system services, all the way to custom filesystems, database engines or large, secure online desktop frameworks.
Perhaps all you need is an App for your company? One that runs on all known mobile devices from the same codebase? Low maintenance, push notifications, dynamic content; You came to the right place! No matter if you want iOS, Android or FireTV – we can cover them all.
Perhaps you need a custom kiosk system? One that should work with touch displays running on a low-cost SBC (single board computer). No matter if you need one or 100, stand-alone or networked – these are projects we have experience with.
What can I do for you?
- Individual tutoring in Smart Pascal
- Group based training sessions in Smart Pascal
- Convert existing desktop applications into web applications
- Deliver system services, both native Delphi and Smart based node.js
- Write compilers and advanced parsers
- Create kiosk systems and help you find the right hardware
- Write custom controls for both Delphi and Smart
- Deliver mobile applications for all known device
- Build large-scale cloud applications and infrastructures
- Data conversion
- Write database engines from scratch
- Deliver drivers for both Delphi and Smart Pascal
What were my previous 3 projects?
As the original author of Smart Mobile Studio I have been heavily involved in its evolution. My latest project was a 12 month sprint where the goal was to bring the Smart Mobile Studio RTL up to speed. This meant almost a clean re-write of the entire run-time library:
- All visual controls have been re-written from scratch
- Introduction of storage device drivers to unify storage between browser, node.js and phonegap
- Implemented a virtual filesystem from scratch (the browser has no such concept)
- Implemented Tweening, a time accurate animation framework
- Implemented hardware accelerated CSS animation
- Implemented accurate font measurement mechanics (which does not exist under HTML / JS by default)
- Implemented TClientDataset from scratch under Smart
- Low level memory allocation and read / write API
- Low level buffer and stream API
- Implemented the entire node.js high level class framework
- Server architecture
- HTTP and HTTPS servers
- UDP Client and Server
- WebSocket (WS) and WebSocket-Secure (WSS)
- Introduced binary, chainable codec classes
- Base64 for binary (browser only support text)
- RC4 encryption with cyclic key modification
- Mime / URL codecs
- Implemented TStream and descendants from scratch
- Re-wrote and fixed all demos
- And much, much more ..
Prior to this project, which represents a huge body of work, I implemented a full desktop environment suitable for large-scale applications, routers and NAS web front-ends.
This project has itself been re-written in response to the refactoring of the Smart RTL, but serves as the foundation for large web applications. It provides the following services:
- Secure and reliable websocket message server
- User account based server access
- Filesystem over websocket, access to personal files and shared folders
- Storage Device Driver API, capable of consuming popular online services such as Dropbox, Azure, Amazon and other storage providers.
- Support for ZIP archives, these files can be mounted as drives
- Full Windowing Manager and Window framework
- Capable of executing cross domain Apps inside a window
- Modern menu system, iPad / Tablet aware for easy touch navigation
To showcase the technology I build in some novelty features
- Support for MC68000 line of processors, meaning the desktop has a module that executes and runs Amiga compatible games and applications
- DosInABox support, older x86 software can likewise execute in a window
- Asm.js compiled version if the game Quake 3, running full speed at 60 frames per second
While initially meant as a showcase, the desktop client / server technology has become a product in its own right. As of writing 3 companies has licensed the system and use it as the foundation for business applications. With its close to Delphi like access to files, be they local in the browser cache or remote on a server, it is perfect for serious applications such as accounting, medical software and online instrumentation.
My third project was the design and implementation of a bytecode assembler. This is a fundamental building-block for programming language development. The LDEF standard and parsers represents a rock solid foundation on which to build new and exciting languages.
The assembler was first implemented in Smart Pascal, and is thus portable as a node.js application. A second version was implemented in Delphi.
This assembler is presently being added to HexLicense, our license management component suite for Delphi. Allowing our customers to write sensitive and mission critical code segments – that is then compiled to a bytecode block using instructions known only to the publisher.
This technique helps protect their products since debugging and hacking a standard unknown (and by nature easily randomized and obfuscated) is virtually impossible.
Hire a Delphi and Smart Pascal Ninja
I am well-known in the Delphi community, I help, teach and run several groups dedicated to object pascal on social media such as Facebook. I think people have seen what I am capable of when it comes to Smart Mobile Studio and Delphi.
Well, I can now offer my services for those who need to get up to speed on Smart Pascal, needs a fresh Smart project – or a cool Smart App ready for the store!
Get in touch!